Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year, New Beginnings

I ended 2013 with a single order for 8 of my horse handstamped necklaces. It was a great way to end the year. 2013 was a great year! I completed my first official craft show by myself. I had hoped to at least do some networking and went into the show with the mindset that any sales would be an added bonus. The show was a success. Sales were great and accomplished networking as well.

One of my goals for 2013 was to learn how to make handstamp jewelry. To specify, I don't make New Years resolutions, but I do make a list of several goals I would like to accomplish during the year. I was able to learn and have been making personalized handstamped animal jewelry. I volunteer at a local pitbull rescue, Adore-A-Bull in Cincinnati. The first several necklaces I made were pitbull specific because I have a love for the breed and I agreed to donate part of the proceeds to the rescue which was an added bonus. I've had requests for other breeds and also for cats which I've happily completed. I brought the year to an end by making handstamped horse necklaces for a friend to give as gifts to her mom and sister. I displayed those necklaces and then received my 8 necklace order. I accomplished my jewelry related goal for 2013 and the handstamped necklaces are now my top selling item. I haven't had any time to complete any beaded jewelry projects because I've been staying busy with custom orders.

It was also a great year because my husband and I found  out that I'm pregnant with  our first baby. After spending 3 years trying to conceive  we couldn't be more excited!!!  I'm looking forward to all that 2014 has to bring.  I'm hoping in 2014 to continue with my handstamped jewelry, establish more designs and hopefully work on more custom orders. My 2014 goal is to learn how to work with polymer clay and make some of my own beads and pendants. Thank you for reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment